Thursday, March 10, 2016

WOYWW

Inspired by artist Shel C

...and my silly tendency to make puns or connect things together in weird ways.

This is what's been on my work desk for 3 days. At the moment, it's had waxed paper laid over it and is in the process of being flattened, so here is yesterday's photo of my cartoon


Moptopus!



You see, Shel and I had been sharing some ideas one day very recently. She had posted her recent YouTube of her splendid octopus.

You can see it right here or visit her channel. Lots of fun things happening there!



Awesomeness!


We ended up chatting about which brand of Deli Paper I should choose over at Amazon. She pointed me in the right direction. Thanks, Shel! I'm looking forward to being able to play with some one day very soon.

But the story did not end there. Oh, no. Somehow, 3 wires in my brain crossed, and sparks flew. Well, perhaps suds began to bubble instead LOL. I had a journal page to complete, and so far had not one idea in my pea brain as to how to tackle the problem. That page was a clean-up or mop-up pull from an earlier adventure in monoprints using my glass sheet (an earlier post here at this blog). This had turned out to be a little more interesting once I'd coated it with a transparent glaze of blue. In fact, it had begun to remind me of the ocean's depth.

Brain said: "Mop-up print page. Shel's brilliant octopus. Ocean floor. Bathroom mess." It mooshed everything together and that is my excuse for my double pun for this week's WOYWW.

And would you like to know what I really find most funny of all? LOL I usually dislike tentacles of all types intensely!
:)

Thanks, Shel!

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant! well done - and a huge amount of fun. Had me smiling all the way through.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thank you so much for your smile and your kind thought.
      :)
      May God bless you too

      Delete
  2. I love your moptopus - what fun!

    Sharon K #48

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)
      yes--but aren't we glad there are no real mops like it in the world?
      LOL

      Delete
  3. At a previous and accidentally deleted post of Moptopus, Janis suggested something truly funny--a "Squid-gee" !!!!!!!
    Love it, Janis!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interpretation! I love how your brain works. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier this week. My headcold is nearly gone. I hope you stay on the mend as well. Creative Blessings! Kelly #61

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly!
      :)
      It's always good when a cold's over, isn't it? Mine lasted for weeks. Hope yours was better sooner than that!
      I appreciate your words regarding my wacky ol' brain. LOL
      What can I say? I was once married to an inveterate pun-ster!
      :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Kelly wow it looks fabulous and how I love when that happens when ideas just flow out and go to total inspiration. Feel better. ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey Anne
    yes, let's hope she feels better soon. I had a terrible cold earlier in the year. Took weeks to get over the dumb thing. Hope hers isn't as bad

    ReplyDelete