Wednesday, March 16, 2016

WOYWW # ? Altered Book

From second hand to creative play.

I'm a bit late, but it is still Wednesday here!

This week, I've been playing around using my monoprint stash. 
Today's project was a relatively simple one. I had already used brown gesso on the outside sides of 2 doubled and already glued together pages, prior to cutting them using decorative scissors.

Then I simply tucked my monoprint page in between the 2 snipped and doubled ones, and glued all 3 pieces together using Mod Podge.

Still working on that lamp problem. Sorry the photo looks a bit wonky.

Monoprint Page, Altered Book Art Journal




8 comments:

  1. The monoprint has lots of interesting colours in it. It looks almost shimmering.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #45

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you! I used some Perfect pearls and one metallic. I like those on black paper, don't you?
      :)

      Delete
  2. Love the Monet style of the print. Shop for a 'daylight' bulb. That will help. Creative Blessings! Kelly #53

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Monet style"!!! My goodness. I guess I always saw that batch of monoprints as being nicely messy. But an extra big Thank You for our encouraging words!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Belated WOYWW sorry I am late commenting but I made it and your mono print is stunning great job. I have reveal lights by GE just like daylight and I notice a different using them for years now. Hope this helps and have a super week. Hugs~Anne L #36

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. My comments mysteriously disappeared! So here is my answer over 1 year on Thank You for your kind encouragement. I will look into finding some Reveal bulbs soon.
      :)

      Delete