Monday, March 21, 2016

Auto Parts Stamps on White

Welcome to the Wild Stamp Deli!

Last week, I got a small box of deli paper sheets. The tip I followed in order to find the right ones was from Shel C. Thanks, Shel!

This week, for Carolyn Dube's "Let's Play" weekly Link Party (see link button in my right hand column) I tried a first experiment using a number of the sheets plus pigment ink pads. The stamps I chose were a mixed bag. Many of those stamps are old rubber auto parts. While they are not exactly hardware items, they at least would be unusual and also not the kind of thing generally to be found in most people's art kits. They are actually among my very favorite art tools.



Auto part, lower left.
Above that is something which I will explain later on.
Upper right, some sort of rubber pedal cover.
(?)
Lower right is a rubber stamp store blank + shelf liner imprint.





Left to right:
Far left--Regular rubber stamps.
Next--Rubber auto part.
Green is made using a broken off piece from 
a rubber flipflop which I sanitized.




Left to right:
Pink + purple + orange is the rubber auto part.
Black is 2 postage rubber stamps + 2 stray rubber car parts and London's Big Ben.
Lower right is a set of nature rubber stamps.




Again, left to right:
Lower left is 2 rubber auto parts + a cast off toy truck tire track.
The others are, of course, flip flop bit and rubber auto part.




Another view of the same pile.
I am really enjoying the new lamp bulb!
Ott Light bulbs really do light nicely.

Somewhere in this mix are imprints made 
using a cast off spark plug's rubber handle.


What I've learned by this experience:

When I heat set these sheets using an old light weight iron and my Talbot Arts Release Paper, what I noticed was that the pigment stamping ink did dry, but would smear if dampness touched it.

In other words, I will have to bear in mind that this will be an issue. I think that next time I will go with acrylic paints instead of stamp inks. Same stamps, just paint, not ink.

Can hardly wait to make some time for visiting everyone else's Let's Play pages. See you there!
:)







6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete