Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Welcome to the Art Garden, where art and design meet grown-up playtime!

The background here was just made by me as a way of playing when experimenting. This was so much fun! For a change, I am relaxing more about art again. This once was not all that tough a thing for me to accomplish. You see, I used to play very easily with all of my supplies and even enjoyed trying new ideas. 

Sadly, when life got away from me with no time left in which to creatively play and relax, the art supplies had to remain stored away out of sight. That this went on for years is the very reason why I took a major hiatus from keeping my freebie blog going.

Now, you know I truly love Plush Possum Studio. I really do. Somehow, though, it has begun to cut into my creative play time a little too often.

Currently, I have an interest in lightening up and becoming less scared of using what remains of my long neglected art supplies. In following along with Carolyn Dube's "Let's Play!" art challenges, I hope to renew my focus and relearn how to just relax and have a good time while playing with art and design. I imagine that I will mostly use an art journal (or journals), along with ATC's and other items. But I might even dive into the realm of 3 dimensional art again, for the first time in years!

This is to be a year long process. Hopefully, I'll be able to stay the course and really learn along the way. Thanks to Carolyn Dube's freeing attitude, I find myself encouraged already to begin again. Won't you join the rest of her followers and give this fun 12 month challenge a try?

Her first challenge may be found when you follow the link using her badge, to the right of this post.

And, by the way, as soon as my first project for the Challenge is ready to be seen, you may be sure that I'll add it here. 

Thank you for stopping by!
:)

(As I am always saying at the other blog,)
Happy Creativity!

5 comments:

  1. So very happy to follow your blog on art! I too am following along on Carolyn Dube's art challenges. May I suggest Cat Hand (youtube) and her Mixed Media Morsels challenge? Welcome friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin-Hi! Thanks so much for being the first to join and break the ice for me today!
      You can't imagine how much it has pleased me to know that we both are now following Carolyn Dube's Challenges.
      Thank you for the suggestion to also follow Cat Hand's Morsels Challenge. I will certainly look into it!
      However, between PPS and here, I am wondering whether there'd be enough time to do one more thing.
      Anyway, here's to more fun with art!
      :)

      Delete
  2. It's wonderful that you're back to blogging and creating, Rose. I missed six whole months in the middle of last year due to a job commitment and I really missed being creative. Have you checked out Carolyn's free workshop, where she turns ordinary cardboard into a journal? It's so much fun! Thanks for visiting my blog earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been a fun journey, my return to both blogging and art-making. I am actually watching Carolyn's journal cover (using stencils) video right now!
      :)
      See you again soon!

      Delete