Tuesday, January 2, 2018

WOYWW #448 New Year's Day Fright

Please forgive me for not commenting this week or featuring any new projects here. 

Everything's up in the air right now since I experienced a new symptom on Monday. Today we are all just holding our collective breath and hoping for the better. The left eye area's been aching. But that's been a problem since September. The new problem is a different one.

For more info on this fun blog hop, please go where the WOYWW fun starts at Ms Julia Dunnit's most excellent blog HERE. (You may also click on the WOYWW badge in the right hand column if that link is not set up yet)

I will admit to having some fear to get over. This new development has knocked me into a bit of tailspin.  It's making me doubt any future plans. I'm afraid to start anything new right now. My creative corner is lacking one ingredient: me. 

Not that there's been any sign of a second gray veil developing to the right eye this time - at least, not as of Tuesday night. The sudden symptom was happening when I woke up Monday morning. It was different in detail to the very first symptom which heralded the grey veil to my left eye (now still visible to me). The very real similarities between both times truly have me feeling skittish about planning for anything new, at least for a while.

Anyway, if you don't see anything new or current of mine being posted here or elsewhere online at some point down the road, you needn't be surprised. Meanwhile, let's keep hoping for the better and maybe a second veil isn't about to happen after all.


A diagram of what seems to be going on. 
At least, according to 1 of my doctors there's a 
very real chance that it could be.
I refuse to mope, yet there it is.
(I am BORED with me, so 
let's for heaven's sake 
talk about something else for a change.)

Image Credit:
https://www.naturaleyecare.com/eye-conditions/optic-neuritis/



18 comments:

  1. Oh girly, I really hope that isn’t occuring. I kinda want you to lie down in a darkened room and not move until it has passed. My fingers are crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting us know what's going on, Rose. I'm so sorry to hear this. We'll be keeping you in our thoughts hoping that you'll be able to return to blogging and creating soon. Happy new year sounds a bit shallow now - but I'd like to send you my very best wishes. Get well soon! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rose. Of course we don't expect you to visit or comment - just know folk are thinking of you, praying for you, and wishing you all the very best as you go through this scary time.
    Take care dear member of WOYWW. May God grant you His peace.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Julia, Zsuzsa, and Margaret.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care Rose and get well soon. Sending hugs, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope things won't be as bad as you fear. no wonder you are worried. take care. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having trouble with blogger, doesn’t like e,bedded comment boxes.
    Sorrry trying agin lost long comment. Praying fir you dear Rose, for many mercies, fir drs to be wise and for mercy in no worsening of condition but improvement.
    Hugs and prayers, Shaz in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. I'm a bit late getting round. Just wanted to say that I hope things improve for you in 2018 and you can get back to all the things you are missing. Anne x #17

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a speedy and healthy resolution to this new problem, Rose, as well as a return to perfect health in this new year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen Thank you. Nursing a sore eye today, so keeping things short.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anne thanks so much for your well wishes.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shaz in Oz I love the way you've worded your prayer for my benefit. Every prayer counts. Thank You. Good luck getting Blogger to work for you.
    Achy eye forbids more.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Win. Hope 2018 is a good one for you
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope everything is not as bad as it seems, I will be thinking of you and wish you strength and fortitude to get through this (hopefully) blip. Have a wonderful 2018, Lindart #27

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Lindart. What a kind thought to leave me on this very bleak day.
    May your new year be as good for you as you wish mine to be for me.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no I hope it gets sorted soon. I am going to participate in the WOYWWW if I may? Sounds great fun, does it have to be posted on a Wednesday as at work? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerry. Your every kind thought is appreciated.

      Delete