Sunday, February 7, 2016

My Big Messy Oops

What a fun experience!

Yes, it was messier than I'd planned (a portion of that oops part). I'd promised myself to get messy, only not quite as much as I ultimately did!  No, I couldn't get the orange to work. Yes, I'd do this 2 pager all over again if I had enough time.

My neglected items: Ranger sprayers; 2 kinds of watercolor.

Some sprayer nozzles do not like thick goopy stuff, but I knew that before I went into this very messy procedure. You see, I am missing a large number of some of my favorite supplies. A number of things got ruined or very nearly so during my creative hiatus. I've been finding ruined stuff hidden among the stuff that still works. 

Never the less, I am determined to use whatever colors I can easily salvage, so today I did just that. Two of my sprayers kind of worked. Well, really only the one wanted to. Sprayer number 3 must have something clogging it somewhere, don't ask me where. You'd have to ask it.
:)

I wanted this 2 page journal spread of backgrounds to be messy, so I got my way on that part LOL.


Tools used: Canson Montval Field All Media pad; Daniel Smith and Windsor & Newton watercolors; a few drops of Mod Podge for Paper; Perfect Pearl Powder; found objects (metal washers and other parts, scattered); small alphabet stencil for technical drawing.

I ended up choosing to spatter rather than to spray for the second color (Ultramarine Blue). I liked the messier, runnier look in certain areas. The final step was a dab of Perfect Pearl Powder for a slightly metallic gleam. I might have to go in later with some other pigments, possibly some more metallic here or there. Once it's done being overly sticky, I'll add words followed by some MicroGlaze by Judikins to keep the pages from sticking together.

Any-whosits, here's that big, as-yet-unfinished (?) mess.
:)


Big Messy Oops 2/16


No comments:

Post a Comment