Tuesday, August 29, 2017

I've Gone Wacky for Customized Trim!

It is nearing the end of August, and so I have a Junk journal challenge to finish - it's a mad dash!

I am still uncertain whether or not I'll to be able to do everything I've thought of doing for that challenge, one that was issued by Kerry of Kerrymay Makes. Please go HERE for more about that challenge.

I've finished preparing a number of pages for the new journal, but keep needing to make a few changes. For one thing, I dislike overstuffed books, as they do not store easily on my already overcrowded selves.  I mention this due to the fact that I've had to edit out an entire signature. But more on that for the next post when I'll (hopefully) be done binding the book.

Meantime, I wanted to trim things, yet found supplies somewhat lacking in certain areas, especially with the color ways I've chosen for the book. Kerry's challenge mentions using what we have, and so when inspiration finally struck me, I created my own custom trim.

Allow me to introduce you to my weird and wild version of washi tape that I call my "Wacky Tape." Lolz. I've outlined my process using photos with captions below.















My mad dash continues once a few bits of housework get taken care of! I hope to post the finished book for tomorrow's WOYWW.
Wish me luck!


8 comments:

  1. ooohhhh, i love it all!!! you have been very creative indeed. i love all the textures that you got with all the found items. that's fun and useful. the next time you are at a dollar general store, dollar tree, or aldi, look for a nonstick oven liner and see if you can use that in the place of waxed paper. i know i found one at aldi and i think i have seen them at the dollar tree. but they really do help with things that have a tendency to stick and they are very easy to clean. the only reason i mention that is because i always have a terrible time with waxed paper. can't wait to see more and the finished journal, hurry up girl, don't keep me waiting!! hahaha hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti! I gave up trying the local dollar store because they usually didn't have much that I was interested in. But maybe their website might have those baking liners?
      BTW what is "aldi"? I don't think that we have one here.
      OK! OK! Lolz Guess I'll have to get cracking with that book again! Mustn't keep a friend waiting.
      That'll be as soon as I am able to get offline and finish rinsing a few small laundry items. Lolz
      xoxo
      :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Roz! - thanks for your visit and for the kind comment. I've just discovered how much I keep missing of your posts on G+. Talk about fabulous! You are very versatile

      Delete
  3. Aldi's is a grocery store chain with great prices on food and other items. Every once in while they get the oven liners in. Check at walmart or k-mart. I'm sure they have them and they are quite a bit cheaper than the made for crafts non-stick mats. Don't take too long though, I gotta see that journal. hehehe have a great day crafting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti - Sorry I missed your comment before! Rough month so far

      Delete