Wednesday, September 27, 2017

WOYWW #434

As tomorrow will be a big day for me, and with family dropping by later on today, I'm afraid I won't be able to comment much at all today.

But I was able to add 2 new entries to the junque journal I made last month. The first entry may be seen in my previous post by following this link HERE. For more WOYWW fun, you may visit our WOYWW Queen of the Deskers, Julia Dunnit, HERE.

I am scheduled to have a biopsy tomorrow on the side of my face. This will allow a few tissue samples to be tested. They are trying to save the sight in my left eye that became impaired right before Labor Day weekend. If you pray, I would ask that you would please add the whole situation to your prayers. Nobody knows quite what's causing the optic nerve to become inflamed, thus leading to serious visual impairment. The grey veil is still with me this morning.

Meanwhile, there is still art, isn't there? 


The grey veil truly frightened me at first, but now I am a bit used to it. I did cry a good deal that first week. Terror and tears. A terrible week. Steroid treatment seems to keep the veiled look less heavy, sort of like a semi sheer drape with a thin wash of acrylic paint overtop, so that's better than before. The blood draw 2 weeks ago was intense. I'd never had so many vials drawn in one sitting before. My phlebotomist/"vampire" was a nice guy with a trim beard and a smile who made me feel more at ease. He had a kind sense of humor as well. That always helps, doesn't it?


As challenges continue, I won't give up on art entirely.
Art Therapy for one, given by one, from self to self.....




22 comments:

  1. It's good that you can turn all that anxiety into art, Rose. I'm keeping you in my thoughts. Hope the biopsy will help them determine what causes it and treat it accordingly. The fact that you're responding to the steroid treatment could be a good sign, I'm hoping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zsuzsa! :) I was glad to see that you and Oreo are settling in at the new place.
      Yes, the steroid treatment results so far seem promising, thank you. It's not a cure, tho'. It just helps.
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Rose, thanks for visiting me already. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and wish you well with the biopsy and tests. I hope they get to the bottom of things and that your eyesight recovers. Hugs, Sarah #31

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose. Praying as I write that in the midst of this fear and those tears you may know God's presence with you. Remember that your tears are precious to Him - He never tosses them aside - He gathers them up in His bucket. You are so precious to Father God - He loves you with an everlasting passion.
    Your pages are beautiful - straight from the heart.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, wishing you all the best for tomorrow. glad you were able to express yourself on your pages though. take care. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for you, my friend!!! Please keep us posted as you feel up to it. Big healing hugs for you!!!! patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Patti! Big thank you hugs from me to you!
      xoxo

      Delete
    3. Hope you see this Patty Think Orange, kiddo! I'm partway done on my ATC for our mini trade.
      :)

      Delete
  6. I send you prayers and best wishes for tomorrow... to use your imagination with making art to describe how you feel and what you are going through is quite amazing.... Take care... May #19

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe not "amazing." More, "I have to." But thank you for those kind words, May.

      Delete
  7. I shall be thinking about you and hope things go well and they find the problem so that they can work on it properly. Try to be positive though I know you are. Sending big hugs though gentle ones. Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela gentle ones are the best ones, aren't they? Thank you, Angela. What a sweet thought.
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. My thoughts are with you Rose...hope all goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roz. Perhaps in another few weeks, all our questions will have been answered...? There's always hope.

      Delete
  9. Rose I am so sorry to hear this; all prayers, energy and wishes for an immediate recovery flying in your direction...xoox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Win. Your kind thoughts for me are truly appreciated. xoxo

      Delete
  10. I'll keep you in my thoughts and send you all the good wishes I can. Good luck, Rose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am home now following the biopsy. They tell me everything went according to plan

      Delete